Crab Bruschetta is a really popular starter/nibble at Crab Shed Salcombe. As you can't enjoy it at the restaurant just now, we thought you might like to make it at home - it's a perfect starter or tasty lunch. Enjoy!
- 60g white crab meat
- 60g brown crab meat
- 2 spring onions
- 1 small bunch coriander
- 1 red pepper
- Handful of sundries tomatoes
- Half a lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- Olive oil
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large slices of sourdough (or any bread of your choosing)
- Under the grill or in a really hot oven, place the red pepper until the skin has turned black but the flesh still has a bit of give. Then leave to cool.
- In a bowl break up the brown meat with a fork (or your hands) to break it up and get rid of any lumps. Add the white crab and gently mix it till it is thoroughly combined but not bringing the white crab to mush.
- Finely chop your spring onion and coriander and add to the crab.
- When cool roughly chop the red pepper and add it to the crab as well.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the crab along with the cayenne pepper (add more if you like a kick) then gently combine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Put to one side.
- Cover your slices of bread in olive oil and rub with the clove of garlic and season with salt and pepper. Then either cook on a very hot chargrill pan under a grill or even in a frying pan until nice and golden and slightly charred.
- Lay the bread on a plate and gently spoon the crab mixture over the top and finish with the sun-dried tomatoes and a drizzle of the juice from the tomatoes (or just some olive oil) and coriander to garnish.
Buy online - order your Crab Shed crab meat here>